RF Survey & Audit
RF survey is carried out to find out suitable location for BTS cell site giving best desired result on RF. RF Survey is done after the RF planning. RF planning data is created based on indoor & outdoor coverage criteria in the circle where mobile services are to be provided. RF survey is important because it gives visual details to RF planner. Based on these details planner can create better model.
Three types of RF survey is conducted:
a.) Nominal Survey
b.) Hot Spot Survey
c.) CRM survey
Tools used during the RF survey:
- Digital Camera
- Magnetic Compass
- Map Info Software
- Safety kit
Important points to be checked during RF Survey:
a.) Type of area- Residential/commercial
b.) Type of Population- Income wise
c.) Any hilly areas or rivers or forest falling & direction
d.) Type of buildings available
e.) Check for immediate obstructions
f.) Check for coverage objectives.
RF Site Audit
Mobile Networks are growing at high pace and optimization is in daily need. Network Optimization is only fruitful if done after knowing the exact physical parameters of Mobile Sites. Due to regular activities, antenna orientation/ antenna tilt/ TRXs changes, there is likely hood on deviation between database and actual.
Site audit involves the physical verification of site. Following are the major check points covered in site audit:
- Tower Height.
- GSM Antenna orientation & count.
- GSM antenna tilt ( Mechanical/ Electrical)
- Feeders condition.
- VSWR Checks.
- BTS working conditions.
- Number of TRX present ( working/ Faulty)
- Microwave antenna presents & there type/size.
- Site layout diagram.
- Clutter served by the sectors with photographs
Tools Required for Site Audit:
Following are the major tools required for site audit:-
- Measuring Tape.
- VSWR Meter.
Why Zenus Group
- Zenus Group is having experienced manpower in Site Audit.
- Zenus Group provides skilled manpower for site audit.
- Zenus Group believes site audit as one of the major part of optimization in today’s network.
- Zenus Group provides the quality output.
- Zenus Group monitors its projects on daily basis for better output.
- Zenus Group tracks for timely submission of reports.
- Many audits are conducted in night to avoid outages.